Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Greatest Decision

The Decision to Lose Weight

     I made the decision to lose weight around the middle of March 2014. I was disappointed in the way I looked and decided to make an appointment to receive some assistance on how I should be eating because honestly I probably had the poorest eat habits possible. As a Junior in high school, I weighed approximately 310.7 pounds. This result shocked me and I felt absolutely terrible about myself. One of the causes of this obesity was that I had suffered a torn meniscus and MCL during football, so I just laid in my room for 3 months and didn't do anything except eat. After that day at the doctor's office, I decided to completely change both my eating habits as well as my exercise routines. Losing weight was not as difficult as I thought it would be because I had tried losing weight before and I could not do it so I just concluded that I was destined to be big and could only become even bigger. The result was amazing!


The Dedication and Way

     I had to lose this weight. Like I stated, I weight over 300 pounds at the age of 17. I immediately started eating extremely healthy. I had sacrificed a lot of types of foods. I did not eat any bread of any sort. I stopped eating pizza, candy, ice cream, desserts, chips and pretty much anything that was unhealthy for me. I made a transition from eating cookies and brownies for breakfast and ate a banana with peanut butter and a bottle of water instead. I also started to jog around the village that I lived in daily as well as football conditioning and lifting once I was able to return. During the summer  going into my Senior year, I started doing field maintenance on the high school baseball field for the Babe Ruth baseball teams. I worked in the sweltering heat for many hours a day dragging the field, lining, mowing, taking tarps off the field, and then cleaning the field after games. So, with all of this physical activity I was doing, the weight disappeared rather quickly. I lost my first 15 pounds in about 3 weeks and I was amazed because I didn't even feel like I was trying to lose weight. In all honesty, I felt like I was just living life ordinarily. After this result, I was obsessed with losing weight and wanted to keep doing it. I was eating around 1,500 calories a day and I consumed around 10 bottles of water a day. I was able to silence my constant hunger by being active.


Before and After


                   
                                 
                               Before (301.7 lbs)                         After (215.3 lbs)

As you can see I made a magnificent transformation and could not be happier with what I have done with myself. I am still trying to lose around another 15 pounds and I am fully determined to achieve that goal. However, what I have noticed is how your appearance effects the way people treat you. When you are as big as I was,people tend to find you gross and unattractive and this is not good for trying to find relationships. I wouldn't say that is exactly "right" but that is how society works today. But, losing this weight has helped me acquire my first girlfriend and I could not be happier with that. I was also able to perform much better without carrying all of that extra unnecessary weight. It also helped my emotional and mental wellness as well as my physical health. Losing weight was the best decision I have ever made, easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment