Thursday, December 3, 2015

My First College Semester at Muskingum University

Muskingum University


So far, my choice of attending Muskingum University has not let me down. I enjoy the atmosphere here and the people here are usually friendly and there are plenty of sources that can assist students in their college success.


Ups of Muskingum

This semester I have enjoyed almost every aspect of Muskingum University. The college atmosphere here is amazing. Pretty much everyone here is extremely friendly, especially the upper classmen because they are all willing to help freshman with things they don't know or just giving tips for ways to study for tests or finals. At first I did not feel at home here but I assume pretty much all incoming frosh feel this way at the beginning but it grows on you the longer you stay here and you start to feel like you belong. Another thing that can make you feel more at home is by attending campus events and hanging out with friends that you come to know through being involved and socializing. Most of the professors if not all of them are extremely willing to help with any questions or problems you have, especially if you show that you are dedicated and take the courses seriously. All the staff wants is for you to graduate from college and proceed to be successful throughout the rest of your life. However, you have to show that you are working hard and putting forth some effort into your courses. There is also other ways for student to utilize some of the campus tools such as student success center. Student tutors that are majoring in that program or are efficient in that subject are there for any study tips or just for helping you with something you don't understand. Another thing I like about this campus is that it is pretty cheap especially if you did well in high school and Muskingum hands out thousands of dollars to student in scholarships and it is easy to pay for your tuition and you may not be in as much debt attending here as you may be if you attended another school. Personally, I received a $14,000 scholarship and I only have to pay about $2,500 a semester even though I may have some debt because of loans I doubt it would be as much as some other schools.  


Downs of Muskingum

Some of the things I don't like about this campus is the food in the dining halls this campus has to offer. The dining halls do not offer a wide variety of food because typically they have the same thing over and over again. Like honestly, I can't even count the amount of times I went in to eat and they have tacos.  Another thing is that because this is a rather aged campus, not all the buildings are air conditioned. Mainly Montgomery. But that building is so extremely hot during the hot days. One thing I wish would change is that the Chess Center would be open earlier than 10 A.M. because I enjoy waking up early and working out in the morning so I can get it done before classes and not have to worry about working it into my schedule at other times in the evening when I need to do homework. Those are about the only things I can complain about at this college.


No comments:

Post a Comment