Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Netflix and Chill

Top 5 Netflix Series Recommendations


1. White Collar















White Collar is a crime show starring Matt Bomer. Bomer's character in this show is Neal Caffery. Caffrey is known for his accomplishments and success as a notorious art thief. Caffrey starts off by escaping from prison simply by just walking out disguised as a prison guard. He then tries to find clues that lead to his discovery of his love, Kate. However, Caffrey is caught by leading inspector of White Collar division, Peter Burke. Burke helps Caffrey avoid another 5 years in prison by allowing him to work in White Collar division as a CI under Peter's watch. Caffery has his own criminal assistance working with him and his name is Moz. Both of these two work together to help White Collar capture and justify other criminals. I was so glued to this show and could not stop watching it. It was by far the best series I have watched on Netflix and I was more than upset when I finished it because I could no longer watch it. Never was there a dull moment and the ending was phenomenal. I highly suggest this series.


2. Prison Break


Prison Break is another show I was extremely entertained by. Lincoln Burrows, the brother of main character Michael Scofield, was framed for the murder of the brother of the Vice President of the United States. After designing the prison himself and also doing plenty of research on the prison, Michael Scofield tattoes his body with the lay out and escape plans of the prison. He then fires a sidearm in a bank so that he could receive five years in prison and help his brother along with other fugitives escape from prison. I did not think another series could beat this show but I ranked it number 2 because White Collar was just too good to me. Each season has about 23 episodes, each about 45 minutes long and I could not be more pleased with this series. If you decide to watch the series, I highly recommend watching the hour and a half movie at the end of it all to fully understand the ending. It was one of the best endings I have seen and was not let down at all. 


3. Grey's Anatomy


Although I did not watch this full series, my girlfriend fell in love with this show and completely avoided everything else in life to watch it, so she insisted that I rank it number 3. Grey's Anatomy is a series following recent medical school grads through their years as surgical resisdents, mainly following the lives of Dr. Meredith Grey and her close group of classmates/friends. A regular episode takes you through the day of the residents and surgical attendings at the hospital and the excitement/tragedies they face on a day-to-day basis at a level 1 trauma unit. You also get close insight to the personal lives of the main characters in the series. With 10 seasons on Netflix and the 11th now airing Thursdays at 8pm on ABC, Grey's Anatomy has been able to keep people watching with the non-stop excitement, plot-twists, and love stories in each episode. Every 42 minute drama filled episode leaves you hanging off the edge of your seat just needing to know what will happen next. Although this is a complete 180 from the previous shows I've talked about, I would highly recommend Grey's Anatomy. Even though I have only seen about 6 episode in the middle of a season, I still could not make myself stop watching.

4. Dexter


I could not stop watching Dexter just because of the complexity of the whole show and how entertaining. I extremely enjoy crime shows and this one was one of the best. The show follows Dexter throughout his adult life. The story behind Dexter is that he has a dark side and his father showed him how to control this dark side. Dexter did this by killing people who he did not believe deserved to live or took life for granted. He killed his victims in a variety of ways and also disposed of their bodies efficiently. During each season, Dexter is attempting to kill one specific criminal or killer. Dexter was an extremely great watch throughout all 8 seasons. However, the ending was rather annoying and unsatisfying and ruined the whole show but I'll leave that up to you whether or not you want to find out what that is. 

5. Weeds


Weeds was a very different show compared to the other series that I recommended on this list. It is extremely funny if you have a somewhat raunchy sense of humor. The basic plot of this story is that a mother becomes a drug dealer in order to keep a sustainable family life. It can be sickening at times but it kept me laughing the whole time and I was extremely entertained. 

No comments:

Post a Comment